For Round 2 battles, I’m tweaking the format a little. Head-to-head comparisons between albums will now be made based on a series of objective/subjective criteria. Depending on how the albums fare against each other in this regard, a point will be added or deducted from their score. In case of indecision, both albums will be awarded one point each; in case of a tie, the result of the poll will be honored.
The criteria are as follows:
- Internal cohesion at the level of riff
- Overarching logic in the context of song
- Melodic contiguity through the song
- Role of percussion
- Progressive aspiration
- Album-wide unity as a sum of the above
- Ideological/Philosophical significance as death metal
- Emotional resonance
May the best album win.